Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sunday Sex with Sabayon

Most of my life (it seems a life time, though it has been just last 6 years), I have been in love with Gentoo. Like any straight _linux loving_ male I entered the world of manhood with Redhat 9 (what Fedora called herself, back then ). She was a mystic girl from a foreign land whose language I did not speak, but i had an instant liking for her because 1.) Sensible - whatever she did, made sense at some level to me. 2.) Openness -what more a guys wants when a girl opens herself to you and is ready to change to whatever he wants to. I don't brag that I immediately knew my way with her and started molding her to my taste, but the promise of being able to do so was enough to hold my interest. Over the initial years of my playboy-hood, i had many affairs. I was seduced by the classy Suse, charmed by Mandrake ( now Mandriva ), fooled around with Slackware and when I was heart broken ran to motherly Debian.

Then one fateful day I brushed my shoulders with Gentoo. She was playing hard to get, and it was huge turn-on. I was patient and persistent, till she gave herself completely to me. It was awesome. What did i see in her ? everything, she made go through a lengthy foreplay before any action, never before i had known a woman's complete body like this before. I learnt may intimate details, which i always took for granted before. She oozed with "you don't like you change it" attitude, which as I mentioned before is always a plus. She was _blazing fast_ , lean and athletic partly because i had pretty much set the flags of all her curves. Whenever I got my way through her, I felt a great sense of satisfaction which I didn't in any other courtship. For the first time I _thought_ "I had found true love". And, yes we did have a long-lasting stable relationship. I don't deny occasional male weakness, when a new girl called Ubuntu came over to our block or when Redhad 9 had a makeover and changed her name to Fedora. But Gentoo was the core of my life. Recently, i started to have what we would call _7 years itch_. Yes, yes i might be just looking for change. But as it happens in any relationship the very reason i fell for her started to annoy me ( maybe because I was getting older, may be because I got a job ). Picture this you have had a long day in office and you need a _quickie_ but your lady is mood of elongated foreplay, that's when a man chooses to sleep on the couch. Come what may i remained largely faithful, some time 2 years back i first herd Gentoo has new sexier sister called Sabayon (earlier it was called RR4). At first i gave it no thought, I am a firm believer of beauty is more that skin deep (I give Mint no points over Ubuntu). I was stead fast on my morals even when the Sabayon was wooing a lot of men.

Then one weekend about 4 months back, i had fight with Gentoo and stormed out of the house. While going around for some relationship advice I came across Sabayon admirer. He mentioned that she had the best of both the worlds. Fresh, out of a fight i decided to give it a try. At first my notion was its my old girl Gentoo dolled up in a *bikini*. But a little more investigation revealed the guy was saying the truth. It supported the original _gentoo portage_ source based packaging (without which i would have sent her packing home.), It also had the equo the new binary installation overlay. Man!! she was switching signs like a Gemini. I could emerge the portage when I was in mood of long satisfying love making to have lean & optimized action, but when asked she would gladly serve me a quickie through the binary overlay. Believe me its every mans dream come true. I could immediately see she was young and needed support to mature,but she was going the right directions . She got me excited enough to spend the whole sunday night with her, we did not sleep until the wee ours of the morning. Next morning I knew i was moving over.
What can I say ? I am a man.

Those not in the Gentoo world would benefit from this simile what Ubuntu is-toDebian , Sabayon is-to Gentoo

8 comments:

varun said...

hahaha! horny dutta on the roll :-), nice writeup!

Chirag "Cheezo" Jog said...

good article! sex and linux ......what a combination! please get a girl friend..!

ego said...

"What can I say ? I am a man."

Better, I am a geek-man!idita

dhaval.giani said...

what happened to savitri?

Anki said...

wow! thats a super combination as cheezo pointed out ! just loved the whole concept.. super interesting account !

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

couldn't help laughing Dutta :))

gr8 combo ;)

Cheers!